The Hands-on Museum
Every third Sunday of the month (except during the summer holidays and on some public holidays) there are creative programmes for families in the Museum Gallery of the German Museum of Books and Writing of the German National Library between 11:00 and 12:30. Some of the topics relate to the permanent " Signs - Books - Networks" exhibition and are complemented by activities connected with books, paper and printing. Special topics are also offered centring on a particular season or public holiday. For example, there is a nature printing activity in spring. Christmas cards can be designed during advent.
Age: The topics are aimed at different age groups.
Information and reservation:
Phone: +49 341 2271-324
Information German Museum of Books and Writing
- Clay tablets - Scrolls - Codices: How old are our books?
- Children's books throughout history
- Paper folding
- Matchstick men and flip books: a serious guide to a fun topic
- Child's play with paper: Paper and papier-mâché
- The art of calligraphy
- From papyrus to paper
- Nature printing
- Home-made decorated paper
- From pages to books: A step-by-step guide to bookbinding
- 24 dots and dashes: Chinese script
- Black on white: book printing
- The Book of Books: The Bible
- The medieval book
- The book city of Leipzig
- Short history of handwriting
- Typography: The ABC of typefaces
- How are book illustrations made?
- Family Sunday
- Creative workshop
- Holiday programme
- Museum Trunk
- Welcome! The Hands-on Museum
- Creative programme for the over-60s
- Guided tours for children
Last update: 23.6.2017