Deutsches Buch- und Schriftmuseum
Deutscher Platz 1
Telefon: +49-341-2271-324 (Exhibition, Museum methodology)
Telefon: +49-341-2271-318 (Using, Reading room)
E-Mail: Information Deutsches Buch- und Schriftmuseum
- Permanent exhibition "Characters - Books - Networks: From Cuneiform to Binary Code"
- Display vault and temporary exhibition room
Tuesday - Sunday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
On public holidays (except Mondays): 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- General and theme-based tours of the permanent exhibition (advance booking required).
- Public tour of the permanent exhibition on the third Sunday of every month, from 12.30 noon.
- Public guided tours for senior citizens (as announced)
- Subject and collection-based tours for study groups and specialist visitors (by appointment)
The new museum gallery offers an extensive range of events and activities aimed especially at the younger generation on various topics (advance booking required).
Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
How to get here
Using public transportation:
Streetcar (Line 16) from the front of the main railroad station, Track 2, towards Lößnig; stop at the "Deutsche Nationalbibliothek" stop. Travel time approximately 15 minutes.
Streetcar (Line 2) from the Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz towards Meusdorf; stop at "Deutsche Nationalbibliothek" stop. Travel time approximately 7 minutes.
Autobahn to Schkeuditzer Kreuz, Radefeld exit; follow signs to the city centre ("Innenstadt") and the "Altes Messegelände". Road construction may cause temporary detours.
Last update: 13.3.2013