Short URL: http://www.dnb.de/EN/nationalbibliografie
At http://dnb.dnb.de anyone may research the database of the Deutsche Nationalbibliografie free of charge via public networks. The Deutsche Nationalbibliografie documents the collections of the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek (German National Library) and by this fulfills its legal mandate to index all publications issued in Germany. This database serves as the original bibliographic indexation. The continuity of the Deutsche Nationalbibliografie is secured through the data safeguarding conception and the commitment of the German National Library in the area of long-term availability.
Apart from the freely accessible catalogue the Data Service provides also various national bibliography services. These are designed to meet the needs of customers who wish e.g. to select new data records at certain intervals, or who wish to continue receiving a particular format. They are offered as value-added services in addition to use of the database.
The Deutsche Nationalbibliografie includes the following series:
- Series A - Monographs and periodicals from the publishers' booktrade. Books, magazines, non-music recordings, further AV media, microfiches and electronic publications. Includes starting from the bibliographic year 2004 translations and Germanica which so far were issued separately in Series G. Issued weekly.
- Series B - Monographs and periodicals from outside the publishers' booktrade. Books, magazines, non-music recordings, further AV media, microfiches and electronic publications. Issued weekly.
- Series C - Maps. Issued quarterly.
- Series H - University Publications. Dissertations and postdoctoral thesis at German universities and dissertations and postdoctoral thesis in German language at universities abroad. Issued monthly.
- Series M - Printed Music. Issued monthly.
- Series O - Online Publications. Issued monthly.
- Series T - Recorded Music. Issued monthly.
The Deutsche Nationalbibliografie is provided as a free online journal in PDF format* in the publicly accessible catalogue, via the OAI Interface, the Data Shop and via the Data Service (provision is charged).
* except for Series O
Last update: 13.07.2015